Top 15 Put-Downs from The Big Bang Theory
Check out these 15 great lines from The Big Bang Theory.
From its quirky characters to its outrageous scenarios, there’s so much to love about The Big Bang Theory; but it’s the dynamics between the various characters that make it such a hit.
They’re best friends and work colleagues, but that doesn’t stop them from putting one another down time and again. It is from these situations that some of the show’s best lines arise, so we decided to take a look at some of the best put-downs from The Big Bang Theory.
Predictably, most of them come from the supercilious and patronising Dr. Sheldon Cooper; but from time to time Leonard, Howard, Raj, Penny, Amy and Bernadette have a thing or two to say as well.
1. I’ve never said that you are not good at what you do, it’s just that what you do is not worth doing. – Sheldon
2. Sometimes your movements are so lifelike I forget you’re not a real boy. – Leonard
3. Gosh, Amy. I’m sensing a little hostility. Is it maybe because like Sheldon’s work, your sex life is also theoretical? – Bernadette
4. Howard, I think you of all people should stop espousing the principle that if something is not your favourite we should just get rid of it. – Sheldon
5. I think that you have as much of a chance of having a sexual relationship with Penny as the Hubble telescope does of discovering at the centre of every black hole is a little man with a flashlight searching for a circuit breaker. – Sheldon
6. Oh, I'm sorry. Did I insult you? Is your body mass somehow tied into your self-worth? – Sheldon
7. Leonard: How could you just sit there and let them spy on me?
Sheldon: They were clever, Leonard. They exploited my complete lack of interest in what you were doing.
8. A homo-habilus discovering his opposable thumbs says what? – Leonard
9. I am not going to watch the Clone Wars TV series until I've seen the Clone Wars movie. I prefer to let George Lucas disappoint me in the order he intended. – Sheldon
10. I asked myself what is the most mind-numbing, pedestrian job conceivable and three answers came to mind: a toll booth employee, an Apple store genius, and what Penny does. – Sheldon
11. Well, at least when we make love Sheldon won't be thinking of his mother. – Amy
12. Sheldon: I would ask you to find some way to suppress your libido.
Penny: I could think about you.
13. Okay, please don't take this the wrong way, but I'd rather swim butt-naked across the Ganges with a paper cut on my nipple and die a slow agonising death from a viral infection than work with you. – Raj
14. Sheldon: Amy's mad at me, and I'm not clear why.
Penny: Okay were you talking before you she got upset?
Penny: That's probably it.
15. Howard: You know, I'm really glad you decided to learn Mandarin.
Howard: Once you're fluent, you'll have a billion more people to annoy instead of me.