Updates for show breaks and changes on M-Net channel 101.
SUNDAY NIGHT MOVIES
From Sunday 18 February your Sunday night movie will start at 20:30, to accommodate the live voting results of M-Net’s new local reality series Dancing with the Stars SA.
Due to the two back-to-back episodes of American Idols Season 16 on Fridays and Saturdays for the rest of April, Friday’s line-up from 13 - 27 April will start an hour later. The Saturday movies from 14 April - 21 April will now start at 22:00.
Suits Season 7 returns from its annual production break on Thursday March 29 at 21:00. This means that Bull Season 2 will go on a broadcast break from Thursday 22 March at 21:00, until Suits Season 7 comes to an end in April.
- In order to accommodate crossover episodes of the Chicago series franchise in May: Chicago PD Season 5 will air as two back-to-back episodes from Tuesday 24 April at 20:00 and 21:00. This means that Chicago Med Season 3 will be on a broadcast break from Tuesday 24 April.
- Season 5 will go on a break after the episode on Saturday 17 February at 16:30.
The Good Doctor
Season 1 goes on a break from Monday 4 December 2017. The show will return in May 2018.
- Season 1 is on a break in the US. The series will be replaced with For My Man Season 1 from Wednesday 18 April at 19:00 and will return with new episodes on Wednesday 9 May at 19:00.
The Late Late Show with James Corden
- Season 4 will be going on a production break from Friday 13 April. The season returns with new episodes on Monday 28 May.
- Season 3 will go on a one-week break on Wednesday 18 April at 23:05. The series returns with episode 20 on Wednesday 25 April at 23:05.
Kevin Can Wait
- Season 2 will go on a broadcast break on Sunday 29 April at 16:00. The sitcom will return in May.
Man with a Plan
- Season 2 will go on a broadcast break Sunday 29 April at 16:30. The sitcom will return in May.
Me, Myself & I
- Season 1 goes on a broadcast break after the episode on Saturday 6 January 2018.
- Season 5 is on a scheduling break from Friday 23 March and will be replaced by two back-to-back episodes of The Voice US Season 13. New episodes of Nashville will resume on Friday 4 May.
NCIS: Los Angeles
- Season 9 goes on a break after the episode on 26 April.
- Season 2 is on a scheduling break from Saturday 24 March and will be replaced by two back-to-back episodes of The Voice US Season 13. New episodes of Riverdale will resume on Saturday 28 April.
- Season 1 will go on a broadcast break. The final episode of the military drama will air on Wednesday 27 December 2017 at 20:00. Blue Bloods Season 8 will start in this timeslot on Wednesday 3 January 2018 at 20:00. SEAL Team will return soon after Blue Bloods Season 8 ends. The date is to be confirmed.
- Season 3 will go on a break after the epsiode on Monday 2 April.
- Season 7 ends with two back-to-back episodes on Thursday 26 April.
- Season 5 will go on a break after the episode on Monday 26 March.
EARLY PRIME TIME SLOT
Please note that schedules for January will have a variation in timeslots for early prime time, as some reality series have longer durations. This means that Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, and Once Upon A Time will air at 16:45, and MasterChef Australia Season 9 will start at 17:45 to ensure that weekday dramas start at 19:00 promptly.
Schedules for January 2018 will have a variation in timeslot for early prime time as the scheduled reality series (Masterchef Australia from 10 January 2018) has longer durations.
· Superheroes series and Once Upon A Time Start time 16:45 Weekdays
· Masterchef Australia Start time 17:45 Weekdays
The schedules were adjusted to start early to ensure key drama series start promptly at 19:00.
DC shows and Once Upon A Time will be earlier because of Binnelanders and Suidooster in between. From 10 January:
- DC Superheroes series and Once Upon A Time. Start time approx. 15:55 Weekdays
- Binnelanders Start time 16:45 (Mon-Fri)
- Suidooster Start time 17:15 (Mon-Thurs)
- Masterchef Australia Start time 17:45 Weekdays
More About Production Breaks
Please note that US broadcasters make impromptu scheduling changes as a result of current affairs and events in the country. As M-Net is screening these series close to their U.S. broadcasts, there will be unforeseen changes on our schedules in addition to previously communicated changes.
Popular US series on M-Net continue to entertain viewers. Mirroring US schedules means that people can watch their favourites very close to the US, with no spoilers, no waiting, and within 24 hours of the US airing. While the channels always want our viewers to be on top of the #conversation, there are often annual production breaks in the latter part of the year.
Production breaks are when viewers’ favourite TV shows take a break on-air in the US: this means there will be no new episodes broadcast on M-Net (ch.101) - not forever, just for a little while.
While there are some exceptions to the rule, the US production breaks usually vary between one and three weeks. When these series’ return to television screens, viewers will once again be able to watch a brand new episode every week.
PLEASE NOTE DATES AND TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.