Updates for show breaks and changes on M-Net channel 101.
From 1 September 2017 your favourite M-Net shows will be coming to you ON THE HOUR. Click here to read more about it.
Please note that schedules for January will have a variation in timeslots for early prime time, as some reality series have longer durations. This means that Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, and Once Upon A Time will air at 16:45, and MasterChef Australia Season 9 will start at 17:45 to ensure that weekday dramas start at 19:00 promptly.
The Ellen Show
The Ellen Show has moved to Vuzu channel 116. Season 15 starts Monday 11 September 2017 at 17:00.
- Season 5 will go on a break after the episode on Saturday 17 February at 16:30.
The Good Doctor
Season 1 goes on a break from Monday 4 December 2017. The show will return in May 2018.
Kevin Can Wait
- Season 2 will start in March, as additional episodes of 9JKL Season 1 have been added to the schedule. This means that that Season 1 of 9JKL will have a total of 16 episodes.
The Late Late Show with James Corden
- Season 4 will go on a production break on Saturday 20 January 2018 at 00:15. Previous episodes will be aired until its return on Monday 26 February 2018.
Me, Myself & I
- Season 1 goes on a broadcast break after the episode on Saturday 6 January 2018.
- Season 1 will go on a broadcast break. The final episode of the military drama will air on Wednesday 27 December 2017 at 20:00. Blue Bloods Season 8 will start in this timeslot on Wednesday 3 January 2018 at 20:00. SEAL Team will return soon after Blue Bloods Season 8 ends. The date is to be confirmed.
Ten Days in The Valley
- Get Shorty Season 1 has been added to the schedule and will start Monday 13 November 2017 at 21:00. The series has replaced Ten Days in The Valley Season 1, which is currently on a production break in the U.S. A Ten Days in The Valley will return on Tuesday 13 February at 22:00.
- Season 7 will go on a break after Episode 10 on Thursday 14 September 2017 at 20:00.
SUNDAY NIGHT MOVIES
From Sunday 18 February your Sunday night movie will start at 20:30, to accommodate the live voting results of M-Net’s new local reality series Dancing with the Stars SA.
EARLY PRIME TIME SLOT
Schedules for January 2018 will have a variation in timeslot for early prime time as the scheduled reality series (Masterchef Australia from 10 January 2018) has longer durations.
· Superheroes series and Once Upon A Time Start time 16:45 Weekdays
· Masterchef Australia Start time 17:45 Weekdays
The schedules were adjusted to start early to ensure key drama series start promptly at 19:00.
DC shows and Once Upon A Time will be earlier because of Binnelanders and Suidooster in between. From 10 January:
- DC Superheroes series and Once Upon A Time. Start time approx. 15:55 Weekdays
- Binnelanders Start time 16:45 (Mon-Fri)
- Suidooster Start time 17:15 (Mon-Thurs)
- Masterchef Australia Start time 17:45 Weekdays
More About Production Breaks
Please note that US broadcasters make impromptu scheduling changes as a result of current affairs and events in the country. As M-Net is screening these series close to their U.S. broadcasts, there will be unforeseen changes on our schedules in addition to previously communicated changes.
Popular US series on M-Net continue to entertain viewers. Mirroring US schedules means that people can watch their favourites very close to the US, with no spoilers, no waiting, and within 24 hours of the US airing. While the channels always want our viewers to be on top of the #conversation, there are often annual production breaks in the latter part of the year.
Production breaks are when viewers’ favourite TV shows take a break on-air in the US: this means there will be no new episodes broadcast on M-Net (ch.101) - not forever, just for a little while.
While there are some exceptions to the rule, the US production breaks usually vary between one and three weeks. When these series’ return to television screens, viewers will once again be able to watch a brand new episode every week.
PLEASE NOTE DATES AND TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE.