The coaches have made their picks and the Top 16 are ready for the Live Show stage. From this Sunday May 21 at 19:00, you will exercise your right to keep your favourite voice in the competition.
Two of the four coaches will have their four talent each performing in the first live show. This means that there will be eight talent singing for your vote.
After the performances of each coach’s talent, the coach will SAVE ONE TALENT. Once all the talent from the two teams have performed and the coaches have made their saves, voting on BOTH platforms will open for the six talent – three from each team. This is where you come in. You get to vote to SAVE YOUR FAVOURITE VOICE.
This season, voting is very easy and you may vote ONLY by SMS and WeChat.
When can I vote?
After each live episode on Sundays, voting will be opened at exactly 19:00 on both WeChat and SMS.
Each vote period will run until 22:00 on Tuesdays, except for the last vote period (for the winner) which will close on Wednesday 05 July at 22:00.
How do I vote?
Voting is easy on both SMS and on WeChat. Follow these step-by-step instructions:
- To vote for your favorite talent, SMS your talent’s unique voting number to 33692
- Each SMS is charged at R1.50. Free SMS or SMS bundles do not apply. Make sure that your Caller Line Identity (CLI) is switched on.
- SMS voting is limited to 100 votes per user
- To vote via WeChat, you will need to log on to the WeChat Application on your mobile smart phone.
- Voting on WeChat is free, but do note that data costs of your Internet Service Provider will apply.
- If you haven’t already, Download WeChat to your smart phone, and add the official account ID mnettv as a contact.
- Click on the vote menu item or send the keyword ‘vote’
- If you haven’t already done so, verify your cell phone number by typing in your number in the international format e.g. +27731234567
- You will receive an OTP code via SMS
- Enter the OTP and get verified
- Once verified you will receive a vote card
- Click on the vote card
- Choose your favourite talent
- Choose your number of votes and cast your vote
- Voting on WeChat is limited to 100 votes per user
Remember that viewer voting starts this Sunday, 21 May 2017. For the top 16, vote lines open at the end of each Sunday evening show at 19:00 and closes every Tuesday at 22:00, so make sure you’re ready.
Voting Frequency Asked Questions
Q: How do I vote for my favourite performer on The Voice SA?
A: You may vote by SMS, and WeChat services only.
- SMS: send the number of your favourite voice to 33692
- WeChat: Via the official MNetTV account
Q: When will voting open and close?
A: Voting will open after the live Sunday night show at 19:00, and will close on Tuesdays at 22:00. The week before the live finale on Sunday 09 July, voting will open after the show at 19:00 and close at 22:00 on Wednesday, 05 July.
Q: How many times can I vote on each platform?
A: One can vote 100 times per platform, per week. That’s 100 times via SMS and 100 times via WeChat.
Q: How many times can I vote for one performer?
A: You can vote for one performer up to 100 times per platform, per week.
Q: Can I vote for talent in the different teams?
A: You can vote for anyone you like each week, and use your allowed 100 votes per platform per week as you wish.
Q: Which platforms are free?
A: Voting is free on WeChat.
SMSs are charged at R1.50 per SMS. (VAS rates apply) Please note that free SMS bundles to not apply. All SMSs will be charged at R1.50.
Q: Will I get a notification when my vote has been received?
A: On the WeChat platform, you will see a little countdown from 100 to one which indicates that your vote has been received. For SMS, there will be no notification, but as long as you use the correct keyword and SMS number (short code) we will receive your vote.
Q: How do you ensure that voting is fair?
A: All voting is verified by the auditing firm Deloitte & Touche. Please also have a look at the Terms and Conditions for voting, as published on www.mnet.tv/thevoice
Q: What are the viewer’s prizes for voting?
There will be viewers’ prizes for voting, including fantastic prizes from Truworths and Samsung respectively. Please visit www.mnet.tv/thevoice for all the details.
Q: Will all votes on all platforms be eligible for winning the viewer’s prizes?
A: Yes, all votes are eligible for prizes subject to terms and conditions.
Q:What are the contestant numbers for voting?
A: You can find all of the voting numbers for talent below:
|Kahn||Zikhona “Zee” Gqamana||04|
|Bobby||John James Janse van Rensburg||14|
Q: Will the voting numbers change or stay the same during the live shows?
A: The voting numbers for each talent will remain the same throughout the duration of the competition.
Voting terms and conditions apply.
Watch this space for the weekly Dialdirect competition where you and your partner could be rubbing shoulders with The Voice SA stars, VIP style.
Join The Voice SA conversation on The Voice SA Facebook page, via Twitter on @VoiceSA and @VoiceSA on Instagram using #TheVoiceSA, #TeamBobby, #TeamLira, #TeamKahn and #TeamKaren hashtags. The Voice South Africa is produced for M-Net by AMPN and sponsored by Dialdirect. Get tickets for #TheVoiceSA live shows here.