Your Need-to-Know Guide for Spider-Man: Homecoming
We’re going back to high school at M-Net Movies Night Out as we join Peter Parker and his superhero alter-ego Spider-Man in Spider-Man: Homecoming. The movie’s been talked about for months, if not years, especially after the character’s first appearance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) last year. Want to learn more? Here’s your need-to-know guide to help you brush up on all things Spidey for this new rendition.
- Spider-Man/Peter Parker is played by English actor Tom Holland. He is the sixth actor to play the character in a live-action film.
- This is Holland’s first stand-alone feature as the character. He made his debut in Captain America: Civil War.
- The 21-year-old actor’s already slated to reprise his role in Avengers: Infinity War and the Spider-Man: Homecoming sequel.
- Where have you seen Holland before? He played the son of Ewan McGregor and Naomi Watts in The Impossible.
- It’s the second instalment of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) to be released this year. The first was Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and the third will be Thor: Ragnarok.
- MCU characters we’ve seen before who will appear in this instalment include Jon Favreau as Happy Hogan and Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man. Anyone else? We’ll have to wait and see.
- The villain of the piece is Adrian Toomes/Vulture played by Michael Keaton. Considering he played Batman twice way back when we think that’s a pretty cool role reversal. Will he do villain as well as he did (anti)superhero?
- The rest of the supporting cast includes award-winning actors like Marisa Tomei and Donald Glover.
- It’s directed by Jon Watts who only has two solo directorial features to his name. Don’t let that concern you. Patty Jenkins had just one directorial feature under her belt when she directed Wonder Woman and we remember what an awesome job she did from our previous M-Net Movies Night Out.
- The man behind the music? Michael Giacchino, the composer behind films such as Dr. Strange, Jurassic World, and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, as well as TV shows Alias, Lost, and Fringe.
Missed out? Keep an eye on this page for future screenings and competitions.
Joining us at M-Net Movies Night Out: Spider-Man: Homecoming? Join the conversation using the hashtag #MMNightOut.