March 8 marks International Women’s Day, a day to celebrate women’s achievements as mothers, doctors, wives, lawyers, teachers, engineers or whatever they set their hearts and minds to. Women should be loved and respected every day, as should all people, no matter their race, colour or creed; but there’s nothing wrong with a little added celebration, so for International Women’s Day, we’re turning to Ellen DeGeneres - a woman who makes us laugh, love and learn by telling it like it is.
Whether you’re a woman or a man, we hope these awesome quotes from Ellen inspire and brighten your day. As she’s had thirteen seasons of her show so far, we decided thirteen quotes would make the perfect number.
1. You should never assume. You know what happens when you assume. You make an ass out of you and me because that's how it's spelled.
2. Follow your passion. Stay true to yourself. Never follow someone else’s path, unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path. By all means, you should follow that.
3. Be kind to one another.
4. My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is.
5. In the beginning there was nothing. God said, "Let there be light!" And there was light. There was still nothing, but you could see it a whole lot better.
6. Just go up to somebody on the street and say “You’re it!” and just run away.
7. I really don’t think I need buns of steel. I’d be happy with buns of cinnamon.
8. I learned compassion from being discriminated against. Everything bad that’s ever happened to me has taught me compassion.
9. Find out who you are and be that person. That’s what your soul was put on this Earth to be. Find that truth, live that truth and everything else will come.
10. Go to bed in your fireplace, you’ll sleep like a log.
11. Laugh as much as you can. Laugh until you cry. Cry until you laugh. Keep doing it even if people are passing you on the street saying, "I can’t tell if that person is laughing or crying, but either way they seem crazy, let’s walk faster." Emote. It’s okay. It shows you are thinking and feeling.
12. When I go hiking and I get over the hill, that means I am past the hard part and there is a snack in my future. That’s a good thing as far as I am concerned.
13. If someone says you’re weird, say thank you.
And, of course, from her movies …
Watch The Ellen DeGeneres Show Season 13 every weekday at 17:00 on M-Net.