M-NET MY KITCHEN RULES SOUTH AFRICA SEASON 1
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ENTRY
- Fill out the form and upload your photos here.
- Once your entry has been completed and accepted, it will be evaluated and assessed.
- Should your submission be shortlisted by M-Net, in its sole discretion, you will be advised by the producers or their representatives and more information will be requested from you.
Terms and Conditions:
By participating in the auditions, I consent to the use of any personal information supplied to Endemol South Africa Proprietary Limited (the “Producer”) and Electronic Media Network Propriety Limited (“M-Net”) for the purposes of establishing whether I am a suitable candidate for participating in a cooking show production called “My Kitchen Rules” (“show/series”).
I hereby assign irrevocably to the Producer, and M-Net the entire copyright and all other rights of whatsoever nature in and to my audition and contribution to My Kitchen Rules, whether now in existence or arising in the future, including without limitation, my performance, any comments ascribed to me (whether as part of the audition, any psychological testing, any interview and any inclusion of my photographs, likeness, profile, voice, sound effect, caricature, literary, artistic and musical materials or performances and the like for purposes of the series and/or any related publicity, research and marketing, which the Producer and M-Net (and the format owner) shall therefore be entitled to use and exploit and license others to use and exploit such contributions, in whole or in part, by all means and in all media, manner and formats whether now known or hereafter invented throughout the world and in perpetuity.
- Entries open at 17:00 SAST on 10 May 2017 and will close at 23:59 on 4 June, 2017.
- No submissions will be accepted after the closing date.
- You must be over the age of 18 at the time of entry to apply to participate in the Series.
- You should be a South African citizen or have a valid permit or permanent residence status in the country of South Africa. You may be required to show proof of identity.
- Multiple entries per person are not permitted.
- Entries are only valid if submitted correctly on the M-Net entry platform. Visit www.mnet.tv/mkr
- A valid submission of your entry constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein.
- You will only be contacted by the Producer for further details should your entry be shortlisted.
- If shortlisted, you will be required to complete a release and participation waiver document to be fully signed and returned by you to the Producer granting your consent to entry and/or to be part of the next phases of the My Kitchen Rules audition.
- If any of the terms and conditions are not adhered to, your entry will be incomplete and will be considered null and void.
- Should your entry and audition be successful and shortlisted, the Producer will contact you within 60 days of receipt of your application. If you do not hear from anyone within 60 days, your entry was not successful.
- Successful candidates will need to be available to shoot on the dates set by the Producer, between June and the end of September 2017, with the bulk in September, and could be as many as or more than 25 days in total.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date. If any of the information you have given is found to be false, the Producer will be entitled to exclude you from audition process.
- By submitting your entry, you are granting M-Net permission to use your information to promote you and/or My Kitchen Rules on any other platform of its choice. You agree that your audition may be edited, modified, added to or deleted, juxtaposed with any other material and that any other changes to the audition may be made by the Producer and/or M-Net at their sole discretion. You agree further that M-Net may use your name, image, likeness, any photograph, voice, sobriquet and signature in connection with your entry and/or My Kitchen Rules.
- All publicity, digital and social media activity around your involvement in My Kitchen Rules will be done by M-Net from the date of your audition until three months after the final broadcast of the series, unless otherwise indicated by M-Net.
- The Producer, M-Net and its affiliates are not responsible for any responses/entries which are not received by the Producer whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. The Producer, M-Net and its affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical or on the internet, telephone lines, or at any service provider, website or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
- The Producer, M-Net and its affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer, mobile telephone or other device used by you to enter into, or obtain any materials related to the entry.
- The Producer, M-Net and its affiliates are not responsible for any errors and/ or omission in any information submitted by you.
- The Producer, M-Net and its affiliates will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by you or any other third party as a result of your participation in this call to entry, audition process or the acceptance and/or use by you, or your partner (if applicable), of anything relating to this call to entry, audition process or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with this terms and conditions or whether arising from your infringement or violation of any third party rights including intellectual proprietary rights.
- M-Net (and/or affiliates), as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel this call to entry and/or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which M-Net deems necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this call to entry and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and third party suppliers.
- You warrant that in making your video, no third party rights including intellectual third party rights were infringed and/or violated.
- You warrant that you have the capacity to agree to these terms and conditions and further that if successful, you are at complete liberty to participate in My Kitchen Rules and to comply with these terms and conditions and that doing so will not infringe upon the rights of any other person. In this regard I acknowledge and confirm that I have not previously and will not from the date of my audition until 6 (six) months from the first transmission of the final episode of My Kitchen Rules, enter into any commercial, contractual, sponsorship or other agreement or arrangement with any person, firm or company other than the Producer and M-Net as aforementioned, in respect of my cooking performing abilities, rights or the products thereof or in respect of my name, likeness, image or biography. Should I have entered into such agreement or arrangement prior to or during my participation in My Kitchen Rules, I hereby undertake to notify the Producer immediately and the Producer shall be entitled to take such other action as it considers (in its absolute discretion) to be appropriate including without limitation by disqualifying me from participation on My Kitchen Rules without compensation or any form of liability to me by the Producer and/or M-Net. The aforementioned provisions shall also apply should there be any dispute (outstanding, current or imminent) with regards to any agreement or arrangement which I may have previously entered into with any person, firm or company in respect of my cooking performing abilities, rights or the products thereof or in respect of my name, likeness, image or biography prior to my participation in My Kitchen Rules.
- By participating in this call to entry you accept and agree to abide by these rules, terms and conditions set out herein and such rules and conditions that the Producer or M-Net may issue in relation to further phases of My Kitchen Rules from time to time. Furthermore, I agree that M-Net, the Producer (and the format owner) reserve the right to vary the rules of the entry and/or rules of participation in the series and/or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which M-Net, the Producer (and the format owner) deems fit or necessary.
- These terms and conditions are governed by South African law and the South African courts shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction in respect of all matters (including disputes) arising herefrom.
I hereby acknowledge, agree and confirm that:
- I have read and agree to be bound by the conditions set out in this document entitled M-Net My Kitchen Rules – Terms and Conditions for Entry.
- I have answered all of the questions on the application form fully, honestly and accurately and I confirm I have not misled or attempted to mislead the Producer in any way as to my identity, experiences or in any other way.
- If any of the information I have given in the application form is found to be false, the Producer will be entitled to exclude me from My Kitchen Rules audition process.
- If I am short listed by the Producer, I am prepared to undergo psychological and medical screening. I understand that the full details of this will be explained to me in advance.
- If I am short-listed I also agree to authorise the Producer to conduct background checks in order to verify any of the information I have supplied. I understand that consenting to these checks is no guarantee of being chosen to participate.
- Even if I am selected as a contestant, the Producer have no obligation to produce the programme and even if the programme is made there will be no obligation on the Producer or any broadcaster to broadcast it.
- All decisions by the Producer concerning selection of the contestants are final and no reasons will be given. I agree not to challenge or appeal against those decisions.
- I will keep strictly confidential and will not, without the prior written consent of the Producer, at any time from the date I sign this application form and for twelve (12) months following the first transmission on television in South Africa of the final episode of My Kitchen Rules disclose, publish or reveal via any media including without limitation Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to any person any incident, conversation or information concerning the series or the audition/selection process which comes to my knowledge as a result of my inclusion in the selection process and/or the My Kitchen Rules, if selected, nor other information relating to Endemol Shine South Africa Pty Ltd, Electronic Media Network Propriety Limited or any of its affiliates acquired by me during this period, without consultation with the publicity arms of either Endemol Shine South Africa Pty Ltd, Electronic Media Network Propriety Limited or any of its affiliates.
- If I am selected to participate in the My Kitchen Rules production, I agree to enter into a formal agreement with the Producer and/or any other relevant party, the terms and conditions of which will be necessary to protect the rights of the format owner, M-Net or its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, the Producer and/or such other entity involved in the production of My Kitchen Rules.
- I am not an employee of Endemol Shine South Africa Pty Ltd, Electronic Media Network Propriety Limited or M-Net or its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies.
- I am not related to Endemol Shine South Africa Pty Ltd, Electronic Media Network Propriety Limited or M-Net or its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies’ employee.