Grey’s Anatomy is all about the drama and it certainly knows how to pull at the heartstrings and make you reach for an extra-large box of tissues. However, in between all the drama are lighthearted moments and a few motivational ones too.
The show’s also been going for eleven years, and if that doesn’t prove tenacity, we don’t know what does. So here are eight motivational quotes from across the seasons to inspire you.
1. Knowing is better than wondering. Waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beats the hell out of never trying. – Meredith Grey
2. If there's an upside to free-falling, it's the chance you give your friends to catch you. – Meredith Grey
3. It turns out sometimes you have to do the wrong thing. Sometimes you have to make a big mistake to figure out how to make things right. Mistakes are painful, but they're the only way to find out who we really are. – Denny Duquette
4. Have some fire. Be unstoppable. Be a force of nature. Be better than anyone here and don't give a damn about what anyone thinks. – Cristina Yang
5. You never know the biggest day of your life is going to be the biggest. The days you think are going to be the big ones, they are never as big as you make them out to be in your head. It's the regular days, the ones that start out normal. Those are the days that end up being the biggest. – Izzie Stevens
6. Just when we think we figured things out, the universe throws us a curveball. So, we have to improvise. We find happiness in unexpected places. We find ourselves back to the things that matter the most. The universe is funny that way. Sometimes it just has a way of making sure we wind up exactly where we belong. – Meredith Grey
7. Don't let what he wants eclipse what you need. He's very dreamy, but he's not the sun. You are! – Cristina Yang
8. We lose those battles as often as we succeed. The key, though, win or lose, is to never fail. And the only way to fail is not to fight. So fight until you can't fight anymore. Never let go. Never give up. Never run. Never surrender. Fight the good fight, you fight even when it seems inevitable you're about to go down swinging. – Amelia Shepherd
Watch Grey’s Anatomy Season 13 Express from the U.S. every Saturday morning at 01:00 from 24 September and every Monday in prime time at 19:30 from 26 September, only on M-Net.
For more, check out the show page here.