M-Net has commissioned an exciting new wedding reality show which will be screened on Sunday evenings to showcase uniquely South African weddings. Engaged couples (over 18, of course) whose wedding bells will ring between now and end August 2017 can put their names forward to be considered for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
What's the show about?
A brand-new 13-part series THE WEDDING BASH(ers), scheduled to debut in September 2017, brings together an all-star team of TV talent and puts 24 must-watch wedding celebrations onto M-Net screens (DStv channel 101)!
Featuring former Miss South Africa Cindy Nell, Vuzu star Denise Zimba, international TV chef Siba Mtongana and top wedding planner Zavion Kotze, the series will be presented by the ‘best man’ for the job – Mark Bayly.
The format of THE WEDDING BASH(ers) is as quirky as it is cool – four celebrities (‘the squad’) make their way to the wedding of an ordinary South African couple and while they join in the festivities, they also discreetly rate each Big Day. After the squad have attended all 24 weddings, 6 weddings will be shortlisted to attend a unique bridal-themed finale. There, one newlywed couple will win the ultimate wedding gift - a minimum of R 250 000 in cash, in addition to other great prizes!
With cameras following the celebrity guests every step of the way, viewers will get to see what they think, how they interact with each other and what scored big or what did not.
What’s clear is that the couples who take on the challenge of hosting THE WEDDING BASH(ers) must be open-minded, have a great sense of humour and must be confident in their own wedding plans! That way, whether they are showered in praise or receive a few naughty comments, they know that their wedding was a memory they will treasure.
With five key criteria in place (fashion & beauty, décor, food, entertainment and overall experience), the squad will be focused on giving authentic feedback. But they’ll do so in a fun, positive manner so that audiences feel engaged while every couple feels that their overall efforts were appreciated. Because after all is said and done, the squad is like those witty friends we all have – a handful sometimes but always good at heart!
Commenting on the series, [sic] Entertainment Executive Producer Gavin Wratten says, “We have a wonderful diversity of weddings – vineyard, beach, garden, farm! Big budgets, strict budgets, no budgets – each wedding will invite compliments and criticisms. But what unites them is that love is the hero of each. And couples who take this journey with us will be the stars of the show.”
If you think that your wedding will have all of the ingredients to wow the special guests, fill out the form below.
M-NET WEDDING SHOW
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ENTRY
- Fill out the form and upload your photos at www.mnet.tv/weddingshow
- Once your entry has been completed and accepted, it will be evaluated and assessed.
- Should your submission be shortlisted by M-Net, in its sole discretion, you will be advised by the production company and more information will be requested from you.
Terms and Conditions:
- Entries open at 17:00 SAST on 04 November 2016 and will close at 23:59 on 30 June, 2017.
- No late submissions will be accepted after the closing date.
- You need to be over the age of 18 at the time of entry to apply to participate in the series.
- You should be South African citizens or have a valid permit or permanent residence status in the country of South Africa.
- Multiple entries per person are not permitted.
- Entries are only valid if correctly submitted on the entry platform.
- Your valid submission of your entry constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions contained herein.
- You will only be contacted by the production company for further details should your entry be shortlisted.
- Further details to be required from you will be your full names, contact details (email and phone), next of kin details and identity number. You will not be asked for any banking details. You will further receive a release document to be fully signed and returned by you to the production team granting us your consent to entry and/or to be part of the next phases of M-Net’s wedding show.
- If any of the terms and conditions are not adhered to, your entry will be considered incomplete and will be null and void.
- Should your entry be successful and shortlisted, the production company will contact you within 60 days of receipt of your application.
- Your wedding will have to take place on or before 27 August, 2017, subject to you successfully proceeding to further phases of M-Net’s wedding show.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date.
- By submitting your entry, you are granting M-Net permission to use your information to promote you and/or M-Net’s wedding show on any other platform of its choice. You agree that your entry may be edited, modified, added to or deleted, juxtaposed with any other material and that any other changes to the entry may be made at the sole discretion of M-Net. You agree further that M-Net may use your name, image, likeness, any photograph, voice, sobriquet and signature in connection with your entry and/or M-Net’s wedding show.
- All publicity, digital and social media activity around your involvement in M-Net’s wedding show will be done by M-Net from the date of your audition until three months after the final broadcast of the series, unless otherwise indicated by M-Net.
- M-Net and its affiliates are not responsible for any responses/entries which are not received by the production company whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. M-Net and its affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical or on the internet, telephone lines, or at any service provider, website or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
- M-Net and its affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer, mobile telephone or other device used by you to enter into, or obtain any materials related to the entry.
- M-Net and its affiliates are not responsible for any errors and/ or omission in any information submitted by you.
- M-Net and its affiliates will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by you or any other third party as a result of your participation in this call to entry or the acceptance and/or use by you, or your partner (if applicable), of anything relating to this call to entry or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with this terms and conditions or whether arising from your infringement or violation of any third party rights including intellectual proprietary rights.
- M-Net and its third party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel this call to entry and/or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which M-Net deems necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this call to entry and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and third party suppliers.
- Under no circumstances shall the producers, M-Net or its affiliates be liable to anyone who participates in the production of M-Net’s wedding show for any indirect or consequential loss howsoever arising which may be suffered in relation to your participation in the production of M-Net’s wedding show, whether as a result of any negligent act or omission or any default on the part of the producers or otherwise.
- You warrant that in making your video, no third party rights including intellectual third party rights were infringed and/or violated.
- You warrant that you have the capacity to agree to these terms and conditions and further that if successful, you are at complete liberty to participate in M-Net’s wedding show and to comply with these terms and conditions and that doing so will not infringe upon the rights of any other person. You further warrant that the information you have provided is true and accurate. The producers or M-Net may disqualify you should you breach the aforesaid warranties.
- By participating in this call to entry you accept and agree to abide by these rules, terms and conditions set out herein and such rules and conditions that the producers or M-Net may issue in relation to further phases of M-Net’s wedding show from time to time.
- These terms and conditions are governed by South African law and the South African courts shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction in respect of all matters (including disputes) arising herefrom.
By participating in the audition, I consent to the use of any personal information supplied to Sic Entertainment, Electronic Media Network Propriety Limited and the MultiChoice Group of Companies for the purposes of establishing whether I am a suitable candidate for the production of M-Net’s wedding show.
If I am invited for any further auditions but not selected as a contestant, I hereby assign irrevocably to Sic Entertainment, Electronic Media Network Propriety Limited and the MultiChoice Group of Companies the entire copyright and all other rights of whatsoever nature in and to my audition and contribution to M-Net’s wedding show, whether now in existence or arising in the future, including without limitation, my performance, any comments ascribed to me (whether as part of the audition, any psychological testing, any interview and any inclusion of my photographs, likeness, profile, voice, sound effect, caricature, literary, artistic and musical materials and the like for purposes of the Programme and/or any related publicity, research and marketing, which Sic Entertainment, Electronic Media Network Propriety Limited and the MultiChoice Group of Companies accept. Sic Entertainment, Electronic Media Network Propriety Limited and the MultiChoice Group of Companies shall therefore be entitled to use and exploit and license others to use and exploit such contributions, in whole or in part, by all means and in all media, manner and formats whether now known or hereafter invented throughout the world and in perpetuity.
I hereby acknowledge and confirm that:
- I have read and agree to be bound by the conditions set out in this document entitled M-Net’s Wedding Show - Application Form;
- I have answered all of the questions on the application form fully, honestly and accurately and I confirm I have not misled or attempted to mislead the Producers in any way as to my identity, experiences or in any other way;
- If any of the information I have given in the application form is found to be false, the Producers will be entitled to exclude me from M-Net’s wedding show audition process.
- If I am short listed by the Producers, I am prepared to undergo psychological and medical screening. I understand that the full details of this will be explained to me in advance.
- If I am short-listed I also agree to authorise the Producers to conduct background checks in order to verify any of the information I have supplied. I understand that consenting to these checks is no guarantee of being chosen to participate.
- Even if I am selected as a contestant, the Producers have no obligation to produce the programme and even if the programme is made there will be no obligation on the Producers or any broadcaster to broadcast it;
- All decisions by the Producers concerning selection of the contestants are final and no reasons will be given. I agree not to challenge or appeal against those decisions.
- I will keep strictly confidential and will not, without the prior written consent of the Producers, at any time from the date I sign this application form and for twelve (12) months following the first transmission on television in South Africa of the final episode of M-Net’s wedding show disclose, publish or reveal to any person any incident, conversation or information concerning the series or the audition/selection process which comes to my knowledge as a result of my inclusion in the selection process and/or the M-Net wedding show series, if selected, nor other information relating to Sic Entertainment, Electronic Media Network Propriety Limited or the MultiChoice Group of Companies acquired by me during this period, without consultation with the publicity arms of either Sic Entertainment, Electronic Media Network Propriety Limited or the MultiChoice Group of Companies.
- If I am selected to participate in the M-Net wedding show production, I agree to enter into a formal agreement with the Producers and/or any other relevant party, the terms and conditions of which will be necessary to protect the rights of the Producers and/or such other entity involved in the production of M-Net’s wedding show.
- I am not an employee of Sic Entertainment, Electronic Media Network Propriety Limited or the MultiChoice Group of Companies or any of the M.I.H. Group of companies.
- I am not related to Sic Entertainment, Electronic Media Network Propriety Limited or the MultiChoice Group of Companies or any other M.I.H. Group of companies’ employee.